I don’t know why I didn’t think of it before but I think it’s time to share some of my slogans with you. These phrases are inspired by translation and everyday life as a translator, freelancer and mom. Which translates to things you can’t exactly predict as some of these popped out of nowhere!
As you will see, a few of these phrases are inspired by titles of movies and other famous sayings but still they are mine so please bear in mind that if you need to use them in anyway please kindly indicate the source. Commercial or marketing use of these slogans isn’t allowed without permission.
1. It’s never too (trans) late.
2. When the cat’s away, the mice will translate.
3. Natural born translators will always try to translate silence.
4. Translate your emotions.
5. Translation is embedded into life. The things we say or do often get translated, mistranslated or completely lost in translation.
6. Freelance translator: Owner of a life between deadlines, coffee cups and hopes for a better pay.
7. Some women wish they could afford diamonds. Others wish they could afford a baby-sitter.
8. Coffee is a translator’s best friend.
9. Having trouble with a foreign text? Hiring a professional translator is what you should do first!
10. Translators rewrite the world so you can have a better life in it.
11. Freelancing and raising kids on a budget isn’t as hard as you think. It’s actually a lot harder.
12. Nobody is going to wait until you are ready so forget about not being ready and follow your dreams now.
13. There are two ways to achieve work life balance when you have kids: Hire a baby-sitter or a cleaning lady or both.
14. A shy translator meets deadlines. An extrovert one also meets direct clients.
15. The text is yet to come.
Those are the 15 slogans I have right now. Let me know which one you like best and if you are interested (or know someone who is) in hiring me to write catchy phrases for, let’s say, a marketing campaign, I will be delighted to do it. It would be fun! Just email me at mgdp05 (at) gmail (dot) com.