To translate isn’t just to articulate. I am sure that my services you will appreciate.
As I was going through my CV this morning now that I have some time, I was thinking to follow Marta Stelmaszac’s advice on including a personal statement. Funny thing, I remember I used to have a personal statement but I was never convinced it actually worked. To be honest, I never invested sufficient time in finding the perfect words. And things are evolving. I get to do more and diverse work in certain translation fields so I must think of something intelligent.
So, as I was trying to find the right words, I have found myself coming up with funny phrases. What’s happening to me?!
And since I can’t use any of them, here I am sharing them here. Which translates to… I better think of a serious one and continue editing my CV now.
These are the taglines I came up with. Some of them might have the potential to sound professional but you be the judge of that.
1. Give me the text and I will do the rest.
2. Trust me with your text and I will do what I do best. Translate! (you have to add “translate” because someone might think that what you do best is making carrot cake)
3. I let no client down because translation is my natural gown. (instead of translation, it can be interpreting, teaching languages etc.)
4. I translate in pajamas but I shoot words like a cowboy in Dallas. (it could also refer to the team)
5. Quality is my second name. Quantity is my first. Nice to meet you.
6. To translate isn’t just to articulate. I am sure that my services you will appreciate. (a bit of a Yoda arrangement here for rhyming purposes).
7. Pick me and peek with me. (come on, it’s not that bad. Look at this from a Beyoncè song: Peek with me into a parallel universe…)
8. If I can fly you to the moon, why not hire me? Don’t be a fool.
9. People are people, professionals are professionals. Who will you choose?
10. Don’t waste your time and money. Choose a linguist whose speaks like honey. (for extremely polite translators)
11. I will give you the words and you can have my word.
13. I work for your reputation and success so choose me and avoid the mess.
14. What I do is what you want so take the big step cause your competitors could get there first.
15. Serious translator shooting for the stars picking the ones to take you afar. (for the really ambitious ones)
16. I am the one you are looking for so hurry up and come aboard.
17. When I translate, I open a new gate. (or paradise’s gate …that would be too much, don’t you think?)
Seriously though, if you want a serious approach to promoting your services or writing your CV, contact Marta from Want Words.
Have a lovely week everyone!
Oh and don’t forget to tell me what you think.
PS: My other slogan writing post 15 slogans inspired by freelance translation received an unbelievable amount of shares on social media so thank you everybody!